This item has been shown 63533 times.
Denon DCD-1420 1500II 1520 1560 2560 3520 3560 CD Player belt set
You get two belts: long skinny (upper tray) and a fat short (lower tray)
THIS SET DOES NOT INCLUDE THE GREASE, OIL AND COTTON SWABS.
IF YOU WANT ALL OF THESE, PLEASE BUY ITEM180792662209
With the purchase of this set, I will also help you fix your tray issue via email. This is very easy most of the time, but there are stubborn
cases when it takes more tricks to get it fixed.
Do you have a Denon CD player with a stuck or sluggish cd tray?
This kit system and with help of this sale, you can fix this problem real easily in less than 30 minutes.
I am a huge fan of Denon components and especially CD players.
I have owned basically all 4 digit cd players from DCD-1000 all the way up to the
biggest and heaviest DCD-3560. Over the past 8 years, I have bought, owned, refurbished,
repaired, modified and sold over 200 of these Denons. I will talk about below on modifications
I performed on these units. I have noticed that the tray system is Denon's weakest link.
The tray system gets stuck or become sluggish and I have seen many manyunits with this problem.
One of the reason is an over-complicated system of mechanism of gears, pulleys, belts, locking system, spring, sliding surface and more. Therefore, when
those belts dry up or gets dirty or other foreign elements get in, the tray starts to malfunction. Eventually, it gets stuck.
For sale is a belt kit system for Denon CD players will for for other cd players that uses the Sony laser pickup mechanism KSS-151A.
This is an excellent laser used in many very expensive cd players
like Wadia, Esoteric, high end Sony and so on. And of course the Denons.
The belt set system includes:
1. Belt A 4230046209 (upper deck "skinny long")
2. Belt B 4230047004 (lower deck "fat short")
1. ALWAYS WORK WITH DISCONNECTED POWER. THERE IS LIVE POWER!!!
2. NEVER LOOK DIRECTLY AT THE LASER. YOU WILL DAMAGE YOUR EYES.
3. GROUND YOURSELF TO DISCHARGE ANY STATIC IN YOUR BODY.The basic procedure to belt replacement is below. See attached picture from the service manual
of DCD-1520 which is very similar to all models listed above.1. Open the tray and remove disc
2. Turn power off and pull the plug
3. Remove black TOP COVER by remove the four side screws. Some units have one screw in the rear center.
4. Remove galvanized INSIDE BOTTOM COVER
5. Place the cd player vertically on its side. Remove front FRONT PANEL by removing all screws
and then slightly pressing with a small screwdriver on all six hooks. These are plastic locking clicks that
hold the face panel. Do not over press these as you will break them. I have broken a few in the past. Just
press enough to release pressure. There is a grounding wire connectic front panel to chassis. You can
pull wire from its connection on the front panel. Set aside front panel
6. Now you can see the top tray belt just below the tray (BELT A). I call this belt long skinny. You can
also see the lower belt B, I call it fat short (BELT B).
7. Remove one belt at a time and clean the grooves of the pulley with cotton swab and some alcohol.
If you have big hands, you may need tweezers or help with a screwdriver.
8. Clean all previous grease under the tray gears with paper towel and alcohol. Then apply this crease
with a small flat screwdriver. You can apply in other areas of the tray mechanism where plastic to
plastic parts come in contact. See picture with areas boxed in RED.
9. Left side of tray, there is a 5mm metal rod for tray mechanism. Clean and lubricate with Tri-Flow oil.
Do not over lubricate, a thin coat is plenty good
10. Now clean the 2.5mm metal rod that laser moving mechanism slides. Carefully clean and lube.
DO NOT over lubricate.
11. Connect power and turn on. Eject tray and close. If the tray gets stuck or sluggish or not closing
all the way, then, one ore more things can be going on. Belt(s) slipping due to debris or oil. Clean.
Also areas boxed in red and tray gears under tray could overlubed. Wipe away some grease.
12 Test again. If all working assemble back class="MsoNormal" style="">For complete belt kit which includes below. Item132328060554
For modification services, see items here on
DCD-1520 and DCD-1560: 132699794260
DCD-1520 and class="MsoNormal" style="font-size: 14pt;">DCD-2560: 173757528042
Please contact me regards to the belt kit or the mods.