This item has been shown 25778 times.
I HAD SOLD MORE THAN 154 OF THESE KITS BUT SOMEHOW IT DID NOT GET RELISTED.
DCD-1420 1500II 1520 1560 2560 3520 3560 CD Player belt kit system grease NLGI
PTFE Teflon oil
With the purchase of this kit, I will also help you fix your tray issue. This is very easy most of the time, but there are stubborn
cases when it takes more tricks to get it fixed.
Do you have a Denon CD player with a stuck or sluggish cd tray?
This kit system and with help of this sale, you can fix this problem real
easily in less than 30 minutes.
I am a huge fan of Denon components and especially CD players.
I have owned basically all 4 digit cd players from DCD-1000 all the way up to
biggest and heaviest DCD-3560. Over the past 8 years, I have bought, owned,
repaired, modified and sold over 200 of these Denons. I will talk about below
I performed on these units. I have noticed that the tray system is Denon's
The tray system gets stuck or become sluggish and I have seen many manyunits
with this problem.
One of the reason is an over-complicated system of mechanism of gears, pulleys, belts, locking system, spring, sliding surface and more.
those belts dry up or gets dirty or other foreign elements get in, the tray
starts to malfunction. Eventually, it gets stuck.
For sale is a belt kit system for Denon CD players models:
It will for for other cd players that uses the Sony laser pickup mechanism
This is an excellent laser used in many very expensive cd players
like Wadia, Esoteric, high end Sony and so on. And of course the Denons.
The belt kit system includes:
1. Belt A 4230046209 (upper deck "skinny long")
2. Belt B 4230047004 (lower deck "fat short")
3. PTFE Teflon Tri Flow oil for metal sliding parts.
4. Two six inch long wooden double cotton swabs cut into two.
These often break during shipment so I am cutting them into halves.
5. NLGI 0/1 plastic grease for plastic gears for tray underneath.
1. ALWAYS WORK WITH DISCONNECTED POWER. THERE IS LIVE POWER!!!
2. NEVER LOOK DIRECTLY AT THE LASER. YOU WILL DAMAGE YOUR EYES.
3. GROUND YOURSELF TO DISCHARGE ANY STATIC IN YOUR BODY.
The basic procedure to belt replacement is below. See attached picture from the
of DCD-1520 which is very similar to all models listed above.
1. Open the tray and remove disc
2. Turn power off and pull the plug
3. Remove black TOP COVER by remove the four side screws. Some units have one
screw in the rear center.
4. Remove galvanized INSIDE BOTTOM COVER
5. Place the cd player vertically on its side. Remove front FRONT PANEL by
removing all screws
and then slightly pressing with a small screwdriver on all six hooks. These are
plastic locking clicks that
hold the face panel. Do not over press these as you will break them. I have
broken a few in the past. Just
press enough to release pressure. There is a grounding wire connectic front
panel to chassis. You can
pull wire from its connection on the front panel. Set aside front panel
6. Now you can see the top tray belt just below the tray (BELT A). I call this
belt long skinny. You can
also see the lower belt B, I call it fat short (BELT B).
7. Remove one belt at a time and clean the grooves of the pulley with cotton
swab and some alcohol.
If you have big hands, you may need tweezers or help with a screwdriver.
8. Clean all previous grease under the tray gears with paper towel and alcohol.
Then apply this crease
with a small flat screwdriver. You can apply in other areas of the tray
mechanism where plastic to
plastic parts come in contact. See picture with areas boxed in RED.
9. Left side of tray, there is a 5mm metal rod for tray mechanism. Clean and
lubricate with Tri-Flow oil.
Do not over lubricate, a thin coat is plenty good
10. Now clean the 2.5mm metal rod that laser moving mechanism slides. Carefully
clean and lube.
DO NOT over lubricate.
11. Connect power and turn on. Eject tray and close. If the tray gets stuck or
sluggish or not closing
all the way, then, one ore more things can be going on. Belt(s) slipping due to
debris or oil. Clean.
Also areas boxed in red and tray gears under tray could overlubed. Wipe away
12 Test again. If all working assemble back together.
Regards to modifications.
When you open the INSIDE BOTTOM COVER, you have seen the PCB on the right side
where the DAC Digital To Analog Conversion is done. There are many chips for
including the DAC chips, series of OPAMPs and a bunch of capacitors. Replacing
and capacitors you can extensively improve the sound of these cd players.
I have upgraded other cd players such as
and up, Nakamichi OMS-5 and up, Sony high end CD and SACD players, California
Labs cd players. I have several levels of upgrade and cheapest LEVEL 0 is where
the PCB board and I replace all the components and you assemble back. With MOD
modification, you can the entire unit and I spend about 6 hours cleaning,
upgrading your cd player.
I use the absolute best components such as super duper opamps Texas
Burr-Brown OPA-627. These are the quietest and best opamps only used in the
$5000 and up cd/sacd player such as Wadia, Esoteric, and other fancy units.
There are different levels of this mod. I will put MODs 0, 1,2 and 3.
DCD-1520 and DCD-1560: 132699794260
DCD-1520 and class="MsoNormal" style="font-size: medium;">DCD-2560: 173757528042
Please contact me regards to the belt kit or the mods.